Would you come to a church because of the message on its sign? Many churches are hoping you will. Here are some of the best messages which have been posted:
- “All services are different. We leave the repeats to TV.”
- “There are some questions that can’t be answered by Google.”
- “Honk if you love Jesus. Text while driving if you want to meet Him.”
- “Read the Bible. It’s user friendly plus we offer tech support here on Sundays at 10:30.”
- “Church parking trespassers will be baptized.”
- “What is missing from CH CH? U R.”
- “Every day above ground is a good one.”
- “Sign broken. Come inside for message.”
- “Free trip to Heaven. Details inside.”
As humorous as these signs are, they serve one purpose: to draw people to hear the message of Christ. But what Christ is being preached? Some churches preach Christ was a good Teacher. Some preach He was a moral man. Some preach He was a good Example. Some preach He is a Son of God, but not God Himself. This preaching will never send anyone to Heaven. We need to preach Christ crucified — this is the message that saves. Christ, the Son of God, died for our sins and rose again. All who believe in Him receive everlasting life.
What are you doing to draw people to Christ? Do you present Christ as a Role Model or as the Son of God? Does your life communicate your love for Him to others? Whether you’re aware of it or not, you are a walking, talking, and breathing advertisement for Jesus Christ. Live in such a way that you will have an opportunity to say, “I’m going to Heaven because Jesus died for my sins and rose again. This is the least I can do for Him.” Lift Him up; He will draw all men unto Him.
Devotional by Dr. James A. Scudder